- Year of election
- 2015 (Tallinn Session)
Professor of International and European Law, University of Vienna
Area(s) of Expertise
- International Investment Law
- International Law and Domestic Law
- Law of International Organizations
- Immunities in International Law
- Sources of International Law
- International Organizations before National Courts ( Cambridge, Cambridge University Press 2000) (= Vol. 10 Cambridge Studies in International and Comparative Law, ed. by James Crawford), 449 pp.
- with Christoph Schreuer, Loretta Malintoppi and Anthony Sinclair, The ICSID Convention: A Commentary (Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2nd ed., 2009), 1524 pp.
- Essentials of EU Law (Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2nd ed., 2012), 281 pp.
- Governance without Accountability, in: 44 German Yearbook of International Law 270-306 (2001).
- The Use and Limits of Res Judicata and Lis Pendens as Procedural Tools to Avoid Conflicting Dispute Settlement Outcomes, in: 3 The Law and Practice of International Courts and Tribunals 37-77 (2004).
- Necessity in International Investment Arbitration – An Unnecessary Split of Opinions in Recent ICSID Cases? Comments on CMS v. Argentina and LG&E v. Argentina, in: 8 The Journal of World Investment and Trade 191-214 (2007).
- How Narrow are Narrow Dispute Settlement Clauses in Investment Treaties?<http://deicl.univie.
ac.at/fileadmin/user_upload/i_ deicl/VR/VR_Personal/Reinisch/ Publikationen/How_Narrow_are_ Narrow.pdf>, in: 2 Journal of International Dispute Settlement 115-174 (2011).
- Immunity of Property, Funds and Assets (Article II Section 2 General Convention), in: August Reinisch (ed.), The Conventions on the Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations and its Specialized Agencies. A Commentary 63-98 (Oxford, Oxford University Press 2016).