Alfred H.A. Soons
- Année d'élection
Professor emeritus of public international law, Utrecht University
- Public international law
- Law of the sea
- Environmental law
- Settlement of disputes
- Title to territory.
- Marine scientific research and the law of the sea, Deventer (Kluwer) 1982, 384 pp.
- Editor of International arbitration: past and prospects. A Symposium to Commemorate the Centenary of the Birth of Professor J.H.W. Verzijl (1888-1987), Dordrecht (Martinus Nijhoff) 1990, 221 pp.
- Editor of Implementation of the Law of the Sea Convention through International Institutions. Proceedings of the 23rd Annual Conference of the Law of the Sea Institute, Honolulu (Law of the Sea Institute) 1990, 772 pp.
- The right to self-determination and the dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles (with C. Duijf), Nijmegen (Wolf Legal Publishers) 2011, 107 pp.
- Co-editor (with M.H. Nordquist, J.N. Moore and H-S. Kim) of The Law of the Sea Convention: US accession and globalization, Leiden/Boston (Martinus Nijhoff) 2012, xx and 575 pp.
- « The effects of a rising sea level on maritime limits and boundaries », Netherlands International Law Review 1990, pp. 207-232.
- « Entitlement to maritime areas of rocks which cannot sustain human habitation or economic life of their own » (with B.Kwiatkowska), Netherlands Yearbook of International Law 1990, pp. 139-181.
- « Regulation of Marine Scientific Research by the European Community and its Member States », Ocean Development and International Law 1992, pp. 259-277.
- « The Netherlands and the Law of the Sea » (with H.M. Dotinga), in The European Community and the Law of the Sea, T. Treves and L. Pineschi eds, Milan 1997, pp. 365-426.
- “A ‘new’ exception to the freedom of the high seas: the authority of the UN Security Council”, in Reflections on Principles and Practice of International Law,D. Gill and W.P. Heere eds, Dordrecht 2000, pp. 205-221.
- “The Netherlands”, chapter in National Implementation of UN Sanctions, Gowlland-Debbas ed., Leiden (Brill) 2004, pp. 341-380.
- “Law enforcement in the ocean: an overview”, WMU Journal of Maritime Affairs 2004, pp. 3-16.