Patrícia GALVÃO TELES
- Année d'élection
- Member of the United Nations International Law Commission
- Associate Professor at the Autonomous University of Lisbon
- Legal Advisor of the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- General International Law
- Sources of International Law and International Law-Making
- International Courts and Tribunals
- International Responsibility
- Human Rights
Professor Patrícia Galvão Teles is member of the United Nations International Law Commission and of the Permanent Court of Arbitration. She is Legal Advisor of the Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Professor Galvão Teles is also Associate Professor of International Law at the Autonomous University of Lisbon, Co-Director of the Singapore CIL eAcademy of International Law and Adjunct Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for International Law of the National University of Singapore.
Currently she is Vice-President of the Portuguese Society for International Law and a member of the Standing Steering Committee of the International Law Association. In 2021, she was elected Associate Member of the Institut de Droit International.
At the International Law Commission, she was General Rapporteur at the 70th Session in 2018 and co-author of the topic on the Long-Term Programme of Work “Sea level rise in relation to International Law.” In 2019, she was appointed Co-chair of the Study Group on “Sea-level rise in relation to International Law” and is responsible for the sub-topic “Protection of Persons affected by Sea-level Rise”. She was Chair of the Drafting Committee for the 72nd Session (2021).
- Articles on State Responsibility – A Commentary (co-editor), Oxford University Press, 2022 (forthcoming)
- Case-Law and the Development of International Law – Contributions by International Courts and Tribunals, Brill, 2021
- “Peremptory Norms of General International Law (jus cogens) and the fundamental values of the international community”, in Dire Tladi (ed.), Peremptory Norms of General International Law (Jus Cogens) Disquisitions and Disputations, Brill, 2021
- “International cooperation and the protection of persons affected by sea-level rise: drawing the contours of the duties of non-affected States” (co-author), Yearbook of International Disaster Law 2020
- “The Added Value of the International Law Commission (ILC) and Its Future Role in the Progressive Development and Codification of International Law”, in Björnstjern Baade et al. (eds.), Cynical International Law? Springer, 2020
- Convenção de Viena sobre Relações Diplomáticas Comentada (A commentary to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations), (editor), Instituto Diplomático/Ministério
dos Negócios Estrangeiros, 2020
- “Sea-Level Rise in relation to International Law – A new topic for the International Law Commission”, in Chantal Ribeiro, M. et al, Global Challenges and the Law of the Sea, Springer, 2020
- “Direitos Humanos e Alterações Climáticas” (Human Rights and Climate Change), Anuário do Instituto Hispano-Luso Americano 24 (2019)
- “The ILC’s past practice on Progressive Development and Codification of International Law – An empirical analysis focusing on the Law of the Sea, Law of Treaties and State Responsibility”, Florida International Law Review 13/6 (2019) 1029-1042
- “Obligations and Rights Erga Omnes in the case-law of the International Court of Justice”, United Nations Audiovisual Library of International Law, 2018