- Année d'élection
- Director at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law Heidelberg (Germany);
- Professor at the universities of Heidelberg, Freie Universität Berlin, Basel (Switzerland);
- L. Bates Lea Global Law professor at the Law School of the University of Michigan.
- public international law
- global animal law
- global governance and global constitutionalism
- the status of humans in international law
- history of public international law
Anne Peters is director at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law, Heidelberg (Germany), a professor at the universities of Heidelberg, Freie Universität Berlin, and Basel (Switzerland), as well as a L. Bates Lea Global Law professor at the University of Michigan Law School. She was a member (substitute) of the European Commission for Democracy through Law (Venice Commission) in respect of Germany (2011-2015) and a legal expert for the Independent International Fact-Finding Mission on the Conflict in Georgia (2009).
She was the President of the European Society of International Law (2010-2012) and is currently the President of the German Society of International Law (DGIR).
In 2020 she received a doctor honoris causa from the University of Lausanne and in 2021 the Cross 1st class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- Animals in International Law (Brill 2021)
- Remedies against Immunity? (co-ed., Springer 2021);
- Völkerrecht (Schulthess 5th ed. 2020);
- Due Diligence in the International Legal Order (co-ed OUP 2020);
- Self-Defence against Non-State Actors (co-ed , Max Planck Trialogues on the Law of Peace and War vol. 1, CUP 2019);
- Law Applicable to Armed Conflict (co-ed, Max Planck Trialogues on the Law of Peace and War vol. 2, 2020);
- The Legal Framework of the OSCE (co-ed, CUP 2019);
- Global Constitutionalism from European and East Asian Perspectives (co-ed., CUP 2018).
- Beyond Human Rights: The Legal Status of the Individual in International Law (CUP 2016)
- Oxford Handbook of the History of International Law (co-ed., OUP 2012)
Copyright picture: Anna Logue