- Year of election
Edwin B. Parker Professor of Law at Columbia Law School
Area(s) of Expertise
International Trade Law
Professor of Law at Columbia Law School. Acted as Chief Reporter for the American Law Institute study « Principles of International Trade : the WTO ». Non-Resident Fellow at Bruegel (https://www.bruegel.org/).
- Hoekman, Bernard M., Petros C. Mavroidis, and Douglas R. Nelson. 2023a. Noneconomic Objectives, Globalisation, and Multilateral Trade Cooperation, Center for Economic Policy Research: London, United Kingdom.
- The WTO Dispute Settlement System, How, Why and Where? Elgar Publishing: Cheltenham, UK.
- The Sources of WTO Law and their Interpretation, Is the New OK, OK? Elgar Publishing: Cheltenham, UK.
- China and the WTO: Why Multilateralism Still Matters (co-authored with André Sapir), Princeton University Press: Princeton, New Jersey.
- The Regulation of International Trade, vol. 3, Trade in Services: the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS), MIT Press, Cambridge: Massachusetts.
- The Regulation of International Trade, vol. 1, and vol. 2, MIT Press, Cambridge: Massachusetts.
- The Law of the WTO: Documents, Cases, and Analysis (with George A. Bermann and Mark Wu), West Publishing, Egan: Minnesota, 2010; Second Edition (with Mark Wu).
- The Genesis of the GATT, (with Douglas A. Irwin, and Alan O. Sykes), Cambridge University Press: Cambridge, Massachusetts.