Yogesh K. Tyagi
- Year of election
- Year of titular member
Vice Chancellor, University of Delhi
Area(s) of Expertise
- Public International Law
- Law of International Organization
- Human Rights Law
- Disarmament Law
- The UN Human Rights Committee: Practice and Procedure (Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2011).
- “Third World Response to Human Rights”, Indian Journal of International Law, vol. 21, no. 1, 1981.
- “Cooperation between the Human Rights Committee and Nongovernmental Organizations: Permissibility and Propositions”, Texas International Law Journal, vol. 18, no. 2, 1983.
- “The System for the Settlement of Disputes under the Law of the Sea Convention: An Overview”, Indian Journal of International Law, vol. 25, no. 2, 1985.
- “Euthanasia: A Policy‑Oriented Approach”, Indian Journal of International Law, vol. 25, nos. 3 & 4, 1985.
- “Promotion and Observance of Human Rights by the Nonaligned Countries” in M. S. Rajan et al., eds., The Nonaligned and the United Nations (New Delhi, 1987).
- “An Integrated Approach to Environment, Development and Human Rights” in R. P. Anand et al., eds., Law, Science and Environment (New Delhi, 1987).
- “Political Terrorism: National and International Dimensions”, Indian Journal of International Law, vol. 27, nos. 2 & 3, 1987.
- “The World Court After the Cold War” in R. S. Pathak and R. P. Dhokalia, eds., International Law in Transition (Dordrecht, 1992).
- “Towards UNCLOS IV?”, Journal of World Trade, vol. 27, no. 1, 1993.
- “Human Dignity, National Security, and International Responsibility”, International Studies, vol. 30, no. 4, 1993.
- “The United Nations in the New World Order: A Critique of An Agenda for Peace”, International Studies, vol. 31, no. 3, 1994.
- “The Concept of Humanitarian Intervention Revisited”, Michigan Journal of International Law, vol. 16, no. 3, 1995.
- “Golden Jubilee of an Unfinished Task: The United Nations Human Rights Movement”, International Studies, vol. 32, no. 4, 1995.
- “Judicial Statesmanship without Political Courage: The ICJ Advisory Opinion on Nuclear Weapons”, Indian Journal of International Law, vol. 37, no. 2, 1997.
- “The Conflict of Law and Policy on Reservations to Human Rights Treaties”, British Year Book of International Law, vol. 71, 2000.
- “Cultural Relativism through Reservations to Human Rights Treaties”, Journal of International Law and Diplomacy, vol. 103, 2004.
- “The Denunciation of Human Rights Treaties”, British Year Book of International Law, vol. 79, 2008.
- “Permanent Sovereignty over Natural Resources”, Cambridge Journal of International and Comparative Law, vol. 4, 2015.
- “Influence of the ICCPR in Asia” in Daniel Moeckli and Helen Keller, eds., The Human Rights Covenants at 50: Past, Present, and Future (Oxford, 2018).
- “The Access of Individuals to International Justice: Constraints and Corrections” in Maurice Kamto and Yogesh Tyagi (eds), Access of Individuals to International Justice (Martinus Nijhoff, 2019).